We solve issues on ingredients and food labeling
Label bank has been providing a range of services and taken more than 3,000 orders a year
not only from domestic manufacturers but also from global enterprises.
- Ingredient and claim research
- Our research services include reviews whether the product with current specifications (formula) or claims (nutrition, additive-free, etc.) is allowed to be sold in Japan. We have provided such services useful as planning of food export.
- Food labeling development
- We create the labeling draft on the basis of the order of weight calculated by the ingredient formula provided by clients. The service includes checking of conformity with standards for use of food additives, allergens, claims on packages. (We can also provide services of translations into certain languages for exports.)
- Creation of product specifications/ translation
- We create product specifications based on specifications of each ingredient used in the product and Japanese version of specifications in English. The documents we provide are all created based on the official technical terms widely used in the food business.
- Food labeling review
- We review the conformity to the standards for use of food additives and food labeling standard of current food labeling (designs on containers, packages, etc.) provided by clients. The reviews include claims on packages by mainly being verified contents of specifications and their integrity (i.e. allergens, etc.).
- Food labeling business consultation
- Our services include supporting maintenance of manuals regarding food labeling tasks (specification updates, food labeling developments, reviews, creation of FAQ from related departments), in-house training, etc. These services including manual creations, trainings and mail supports are available in both Japanese and English.
- Terminology database development
- We support to develop and operate the database specialized for reviewing (ingredients including allergens, standards for use of food additives, standards for claims, translation of ingredients, etc.) after maintenance of manuals regarding food labeling.
We provide a comprehensive panel of services for
ingredients and food labeling
- Sample issues
- Inconsistent reviewing tasks of ingredients and food labels depending on reviewers.
- Responses to technical inquiries from various food-related businesses.
- Information updates of an enormous amount of product specifications.
- Sample solutions
- Standardization of reviewing process flows by third party reviewing functions.
- Generalization of responses to inquiries with using Q&A database.
- Information arrangement and updates by a regular review of product specifications.
Acting services of information provision regarding food labeling and using the common information exchange forms with clients make it easy to follow revision plans of each product and their progresses.
We have provided many integrated services as mentioned above to especially overseas clients with no manufacturing bases in Japan.
We also take into account the specific nature of your products and marketing strategy, in order to provide technical advices adapted to the needs of your projects in Japan. Please feel free to contact us for further details of our services.
For reviews of ingredients and additives
- We provide a comprehensive support for reviewing tasks of detailed information about additives and contaminations from various food categories.
- Inquiries in English to suppliers and other counterparts are available.
- Our services have been utilized for the efficiency in reviewing tasks for export.
Conceptual diagram of Label bank services